Your Blinds Buying Guide for 2021
Before we take a look at all the different options, first make a note of which room your new blind is for and if you have any special requirements, as this will help guide you to the perfect blind. Once you know exactly what you need from your blind, it will be easier to find the right one.
Our handy blinds buying guide for 2021 takes you through:
✓ Standard blind types and their benefits
✓ Specialist blinds, fabrics and linings
✓ Measuring and fitting blinds
1. Roller Blinds
- Choice of stylish colours, prints, and patterns
- Blackout and moisture-resistant fabrics
- Fits a wide range of window sizes
- No drill option for uPVC windows
- Motorized controls for easy operation
Roller blinds are versatile, budget-friendly, and stylish. With a choice of specialist fabrics, including blackout and moisture-resistant options, Roller blinds are ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms. In uPVC windows, Roller blinds can be fitted into a frame for a no-drill solution. Motorized controls are also available for easy operation.
2. Roman Blinds
- A neat and streamlined alternative to curtains
- Fabric is sewn to battens and attached with cords, creating fabrics folds
- Cord or chain operated, with controls attached to a child safety cleat
- Blackout linings provide enhanced light control
- Interlining creates a fuller look and luxurious finish
Roman blinds are made from the same fabric as curtains, and are a good choice for living rooms and bedrooms because of their luxurious finish. Choose Roman blinds in place of curtains if you have limited space around your window, or simply want a more streamlined look. All our Roman blinds come fully lined as standard, or you can choose to upgrade to a blackout lining.
3. Vertical Blinds
- Individual fabric louvres that can be tilted to gently filter light
- A great choice for curved and sloping windows
- Versatile and cost-effective choice for very wide windows and glass doors
- Choice of performance fabrics for every room
- Great for privacy and flexible light control
Vertical blinds are made up of individual fabric louvres held together with chains or weights. The louvres can be tilted to maintain privacy while letting in light, or positioned flat to block out strong sun. They also concertina to one side when you want a clear view. Vertical blinds fit sloping windows and curved bays, and come in a range of performance fabrics such as blackout, fire-retardant and easy clean PVC. They’re also one of the most cost-effective solutions for large windows, so make a fantastic choice for sliding glass or patio doors.
4. Metal Venetian Blinds
- Slats available in a choice of widths to suit a range of window sizes
- Metallic finish helps to enhance light levels
- Choose for flexible light control and privacy
- Matt, gloss and luxury metallic finishes for a contemporary look
- No drill solution for uPVC windows
Metal Venetian blinds consist of horizontal metal slats held together by cords. The slats either lie flat against the window to block out light, or tilt to let it gently filter through. When pulled right up, the slats create a slim profile that leaves your window free. Metal Venetian blinds are available in a selection of colours and finishes allowing you to create an individual look.
5. Faux Wood and Real Wooden Blinds
- Moisture-resistant faux-wood blinds ideal for kitchens and bathrooms
- Choice of natural wood stains and painted finishes
- Range of slat widths to suit different window sizes
- Real Wooden blinds made from sustainably sourced wood
- Great for privacy and flexible light control
Faux Wood and real Wooden blinds are made of horizontal slats, operated via a cord. Our real Wooden blinds are sustainably sourced and are available in a range of natural wood stains or neutral painted shades. Faux Wood blinds look and feel like real wood but are water resistant, so can be used in high moisture areas. A choice of slat widths gives you greater flexibility to control light levels. You can also choose to decorate your faux-wood and Wooden blinds with tape for a softer look.
6. Blackout Blinds
Blackout blinds benefits:
- Reduces light levels for maximum light control
- Great for controlling light in bedrooms
- Helps reduce glare on TV and computer screens
- Blackout options available in Roller, Roman, Vertical and Pleated blind types
- Can be layered with curtains for an extra dark environment
We know how important a good night’s sleep is, which is why we’re proud to offer a range of blackout blinds. Some of the fabrics in our Roller and Vertical blind collections have specialist blackout properties, ideal for bedrooms and for reducing glare on TV and computer screens in living spaces. All our Roman blind fabrics are available with an optional blackout lining which helps to create an extra dark environment. Our products include a variety of colours and styles, including a children’s blinds.
7. Skylight blinds
Skylight blinds benefits:
- Pleated, Roller and Venetian blinds can all be made for skylight windows
- Our blinds fit all types of skylight window, including VELUX®
- No drill solutions for uPVC windows
- Telescopic pole or motorized controls for easy operation
- Blackout fabrics, ideal for bedrooms and loft rooms
Several blind types are suitable for hard-to-reach skylight and VELUX® windows, helping you to control light and temperature, as well as creating a coordinated look. Roller blinds can be fitted into a special bloc frame that clips into the window, while Metal Venetian blinds are tension fitted using cords around the window. Blackout fabrics are also available to control unwanted light and reduce glare in bedrooms and loft rooms.
Need Some Advice?
If you’re still a little unsure which is the best blind for you, our team will help you make the right decision. Contact us, and we’ll talk you through all the options and show you a range of samples – all in the comfort of your home. Then once you’ve decided, we’ll measure up and return to fit your new blinds too. It couldn’t be easier or more convenient.
Leave A Comment